At the Microsoft conference in Vienna this week Microsoft announced details of the upcoming release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2.
Due for release in October, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 reflects Microsoft’s long-term commitment and is set to add significant value to small and medium sized businesses.
The key features include –
• Updated client interface with windows 8 styling making it easier for users to access, view and edit business information.
• Easy to create reports and charts using Report Builder. Developers will be able to design the layout of a report in the Development Environment which means no Visual Studio is required to design the reports.
• Better compatibility with Office 365, making it easier for users to access business data. The look and feel will also be consistent across the Dynamics NAV Web Client and Office365.
• More hosting platform support
• Improved cash management productivity to help users manage risk and drive growth. New features will include:
New capabilities include the possibility to import bank statements, reconcile bank statements with automatic matching, and apply and post incoming payments to open receivables and payables.
With Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2, it will be possible to handle in and outgoing payments automatically with credit transfers and direct debit capabilities.
Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Support
SEPA will be supported in all versions of Microsoft Dynamics NAV prior to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 in countries that already had support for SEPA or other bank formats. Tools will be provided for partners to easily make small customizations to meet local country and customer requirements.
• Increased interoperability with Microsoft Excel and the Excel Web App.